Name:
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

I am here to tempt you into scrapping rectangles! Look at all the beautiful LOs that I will tempt you with, not to mention great sketches Need to email me? Do it at gincarson@yahoo.com

Monday, February 20, 2006

SPOTLIGHT - Amberlee - Snow Adorable


OK, I needed to post this LO right away. Not just because it is adorable and not just because there are so many things about this LO that I find fundamentally right -- but because you would look at this LO and think this scrapper always did rectangles! But nope, this is a one of my 'converts' lol. Amberlee took the challenge to try a rectangle LO and look what she came up with! Absolutely stunning!

So, what is it that I like about this LO (ignoring the fact that it is using my kit lol). First, I like the porportion of the photo compared to the LO -- it is large enough to be drawn into it, but not too over bearing (or vice versa). It is matted beautifully and the round corners really give it a nice soft feel. Next, I love how amberlee used the folder tags to date the LO (and tells us the name of that gorgeous little guys). This is a small touch, but it is something I often forget that my hubby gives me heck for (he says he would like to know in 5 years time -- when this photo was taken). She also balanced them by putting one on each side, which again, leads me around that great photo.

The title is adorable .. and I like how again, she balances the LO with the Snowflakes on the top and bottom. Makes it more symetrical, which is hard to sometimes do with a rectangle.

Overall, I think you will all agree, this is a stellar LO!

Designer: amberlee16
LO and Link: Snow Adorable
Credits: Snow Cute by Ginger Thibodeau, 3Scrapateers

Comments on "SPOTLIGHT - Amberlee - Snow Adorable"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:51 PM) : 

Wow...is that why it looks good? LOL It just "looked right" to me...hee hee. Thanks for the wonderful praise. *blush* It is appreciated!

 

Blogger Bridget said ... (4:21 PM) : 

I love it!

 

Blogger Erika said ... (5:21 PM) : 

Ok, Ok, I am sooo tempted to start my 8x11's again! TFS!

 

Blogger Meredith said ... (10:54 PM) : 

this is beautiful, amberlee! welcome to the rectangle side! ;)

 

post a comment