Name:
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

I am here to tempt you into scrapping rectangles! Look at all the beautiful LOs that I will tempt you with, not to mention great sketches Need to email me? Do it at gincarson@yahoo.com

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Should have warned u ;)


When I scraplift -- I really try to make it my own. I am not much into blatant lifting - I kinda look at the LO and what draws me into it .. and make it my own.

So, Raji posted a challenge for my take on this LO - It is By Bellbird at Rakscraps and is called U R my Sunshine

Now, I could have lifted this pretty much pixel for pixel and made it into a rectangle, but I thought I would focus on what I love most on this LO and put my spin on it. So, what do I love most -- well, the adorable photo of course. What a cutie - I love how even with all the patterns and papers, it still pops off page. Next, I totally love the matting of paper blocks. I also love the white space.

So, instead of a soft LO, I wanted something funky and snazzy which reflects Cassidy's personality. This is what I came up with. I replaced white space, with black space to make the papers really pop. Instead of matting the block just behind the photo, I wanted to make the eye flow to the corner like she is looking, so I layered them left to right and put my title on the bototm right corner. Dunno if this works or not, but I like it anyways. Total time to scrap this, 30 mins - isn't it nice when you are inspired by someone else. Most of my time was spent on kit selection - which I must say, I love this kit. It is called Sassy Girl by Bette Duganitz at Scrap Outside the Box! You should check it out! Stitches by none other than my favorite Stitch Queen - Christine Nash at SOTB

Comments on "Should have warned u ;)"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 AM) : 

Wow! that is awesome. 30 minutes for a layout, that is really fast. Love the colors & the stitching. I like the way you took the inspiration from Bellbird's layout & did it in your wown style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 AM) : 

Oops, forgot to put my name. The above comment was by me:)
Raji

 

Blogger DigiscrapMom said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Oh this is just a lovely layout in a very pretty and funky kit! :) Love this one!

 

post a comment