Name:
Location: New Brunswick, Canada

I am here to tempt you into scrapping rectangles! Look at all the beautiful LOs that I will tempt you with, not to mention great sketches Need to email me? Do it at gincarson@yahoo.com

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I'm Not Square



Well, I have done it. I have entered into the world of blogging. I did have one failed attempt last year -- and well, considering it failed, you know how well that went. I think the main thing was - I am just not very interesting -- so honestly, I had nothing to say.

So, I have been toying with an idea of starting an inspirational spot for those of you scrappers who are JUST NOT SQUARE! What do I mean? Well, I myself am a rectangle scrapper - I scrap mainly 8X10 but recently did up a BRAG BOOK for Christmas in 6X4 (which everyone loves because it was a portable version of my scraps). I have scrapped 12X12 before - I quite often will scrap this size when I am doing a RAK or a Layout for someone else - but although I *think* I am ok with it, my brain just wants to make everything into a rectangle lol.

So, are any of you out there plagued like me? Do you have a hard time finding other 'rectangle' scrappers out there? Have a hard time adapting sketches to your prefered canvas -- or finding any sketches to inspire you? Well, look no further - join my cult --- errr, Blog ;) I have bookmarked many great scrappers out there to inspire everyone - hey, maybe you have inspired me!

So, I will try to post as often as I can -- Please keep on the look out as I may find one of your LOs inspirational and chose to have everyone else oooh and awwww along with me.

So, for my first entry - I will self-promote hehe. I have added one of my favs over the last little while right here in the blog- It is titled SLEEP TIGHT and was done with pictures taken from my cell phone camera (and majorly edited) - Credit: Sleep Tight Kit - Ginger Thibodeau - Scrap Outside the Box.

Here are links to my most populated galleries - hopefully you may see something you like :)

SOTB Gallery
RAKSCRAPS Gallery


Ginger Thibodeau
Independent designer at Scrap Outside the Box and Digitals
CT at Rakscraps

Comments on "I'm Not Square"

 

Blogger Jennifer Maceyunas said ... (2:02 PM) : 

This is such a wonderful idea Ginger! As an 8.5"x11" aka "rectangular" scrapper I always feel so alone in the scrapping world where almost everthing is geared towards 12"x12" scrappers :) Thanks for starting this!

 

Blogger TheKytiKat said ... (2:04 PM) : 

Awesome Idea! I used to be an 8x10 scrapper.. til I got my wide format printer.... but I still have a few albums I started in 8.5x11 that I need to finish.... *S*

I'll get you added to my blog links next time I edit them! *S*

 

Blogger Rose Farver said ... (2:17 PM) : 

Love this! Great idea, when I print LO's I always end up 8x8 b/c I don't want to fork over $$ for 12inch but I might be doing more 8x11 too! Looking forward to seeing what you do here!

 

Blogger Tania said ... (2:27 AM) : 

This is a great idea Ginger! I definitely am a better rectangle scrapper than square. I'll be by again to see what inspirational goodies you have for us. Great layout and I love the sketch!!

 

Blogger Misty Cato said ... (3:20 AM) : 

Hi Ginger! I am a square, but I have been contemplating switching to a rectangle for my family's 2006 album. I gave your sketch a try. Thanks!

http://www.sotbox.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=12701

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM) : 

Can't wait to see more sketches! I am a 10x8 scrapper - from the beginning. Just so much easier to work with and easy to get printed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 PM) : 

Hey Ginger! Thanks for starting this blog for us rectangular people...er, I mean, scrappers. LOL I know you do more of the landscape layouts, and I've been doing more portrait layouts, so if I ever get going and actually make my own blog, I'll try to post to portrait sketches, okay?

I recently started trying a 17x11 format, which ends up being 2 8.5x11 portrait pages when you cut them in half. Such fun!

 

Blogger Sue (aka Susieq2u) said ... (4:24 AM) : 

Now Ive read the fine print - lol (Im a sqaure scrapper - shhhhh don't tell anyone here. I used that awesome sketch of yours and turned it into - you guessed it - a square! Hope you didn't mind Ginger and thanks for your great comments on my LOs - think Ill come back and see if I can turn more of your rectangles in to squares - may be Im just a rebel without a cause. Glad you showcased Novita's LO - love her work too (even if its not square)! Goodluck with the site.

 

Blogger Audimc said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Ok I have a rectangle question... Where do they sell albums that are landscape versus portrait??? Let me know and I may have to do family album this way.

 

Blogger Ginger Thibodeau said ... (8:19 PM) : 

I usually buy a plain album that you can insert additional pages into it. One without a pattern so you simply flip it to be landscape. I am ashamed to say Cassidy's book is a mix of both eventually I will organise and split them out

 

Blogger Robin said ... (11:52 PM) : 

This looks so cool Ginger! I love your LO too - I just used your Sleepy Time kit for the RAK NL and I LOVE it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 AM) : 

Ginger, what a great blog you have here and so many wonderful templates.
I am a rectangular gal (never call me square....LOL). I live in a small town so I print my own layouts so started out creating rectangular layouts for that reason.

Thanks for all the wonderful sharing you are doing. I will be back.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 AM) : 

Have really enjoyed looking through your blog. I also like to do 4x6 prints for personal scrapbooks to give away. You have been 'blogmarked', lol. Thanks again,
Jezleave

 

post a comment